The Stream

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Harris Road Trip

With our summer flying by, we really needed some family time that didn't involve iPads, painting, or cleaning.  We decided to hit the Northwest starting our journey to Seattle and working our way down the coast through Oregon.


Road trip 2014

As you see, my daughter slept in the Kraus sink bag last night.  My kids are neglected, slightly, but to be fair, she wanted me to save this bag that wrapped our sink to be all hers.

Road trip 2014

My toes have been neglected too!  Good thing my PTA gals were nice enough to get me a gift certificate for a pedicure and I really needed it. And, I was really looking forward to it. And, I was really embarrassed at my unkept feet and jagged toenails.


Road trip 2014

Big driving day today getting to Seattle.  We drove to Boise (5hr) and then to Seattle (8hrs)

Road trip 2014

We made a few stops along the way in small reservation towns of Oregon and Washington.

Granger, Washington

This town likes to collect dinosaurs and they will admit it's just because they like dinosaurs.  Little fact, not one dinosaur has ever been discovered in Washington, yet there is a whole lot of discovery going on in this little town.

Road trip 2014

To get the kids moving we challenged them to run and touch everyone of them on the nose. There ended up being so many of them, we took the challenge back and said get in the car!

Checking the dinos in Granger, WA

2014 road trip Oregon

These bathrooms are vast on the out side, but EXPLOSIVE on the inside.  Let's just say I would rather use a gas station bathroom.

2014 road trip Oregon

Note to self: Look around to make sure no cops are around when you throw a pop firework at you kids and husband.  He will stop you to tell you that it is not a good idea and it is illegal to throw any kind of firework, INCLUDING POPS, in public parks.

Zillah, Washington

The world's most unique gas station. When you think unique, I guess your head goes straight to a teapot form?

Road trip 2014

This little old lady told us about the gas station and then she told us how she hated Seattle. I don't think she knew that was our next stop.  We had to cut her short otherwise we'd never get to that loathing place she called Seattle.

Road trip 2014

The wonders of the world, right here.

2014 road trip Oregon

We grabbed some food in Yakima at a Thai place. You would have thought St. Helens had erupted again, because it was a ghost town. I'm glad this joint was open long enough so I could tip my head back for some shut eye proceeded by a tall glass of ice water while we waited for our meal.

Road trip 2014

Micah's fortune:

Road trip 2014

We're looking forward to it.  And just in case we get lost, Micah has made us a map.

Road trip 2014

Pretty straight forward.

As for my toes, they are polished and resting nicely on my hotel bed.  I can't believe how much a little scrubbing, polish, and relaxing has made such a difference in my step. I have thought about my clean feet at least three times a day.  I really appreciate the gal who worked on them to make them look somewhat normal again. It is just one of those little things I am so glad for.

image







1 comment:

Kelli said...

Mic, those are some hot Chacos. I have the exact same pair. Have a fun vacay!