The Stream

Friday, November 14, 2014

Dad and Kids Outing and Sideouting

Saturday was beautiful weather and you know what unseasonably beautiful weather in November means.....time to put up our Christmas lights.  I know, exciting. We got our trees wrapped all shiny and we're now just waiting for the snow and bitter cold.

After we got done, Mat did the fatherly thing and took the kids, while I went to my volleyball tournament.

Untitled

Untitled

I think for a man that works inside most of the day, this was refreshing for him.  He even brought his guitar to play while he and the kids the walked up the canyon.  Cute. It makes my eyes turn to hearts.

Untitled

While they were hiking, I scrambled out onto the volleyball court.  I rekindled my fire to play volleyball once again and it has made me feel old and young at the same time. It has been a lot of fun playing with these women.  Kerry #10,  invited me to come and play with their stake a while ago. We've been practicing every Tuesday night at 9PM-10:30PM--soooo late, but once I get my fanny there, it's a blast.

Untitled

I believe this is where I actually performed my pancake (you put your hand flat on the floor to line up with the ball and it bounces up).  Mat captured it perfectly! You can see the other team to start to celebrate, but Mary (#13) came in right behind me and popped it over giving us the sideout.

Untitled

I was also thankfully getting my serves in.  For some reason, at the last practice, I kept hitting it into the net.  I was mentally out of it I guess.  It was so bugging me!! My brain does funny things and I'm just glad it wasn't spazzing at the game.

You can see Gretchen sitting in the chair down below.  She later told me how she would like to try and play volleyball.  My small heart grew three sizes that day.

Untitled


No comments: