The Stream

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Chile October 2015

Untitled

We just took a trip to Chile for our humanitarian calling in our church.  It was a beautiful city to walk around and experience their way of life.  Most of it felt pretty American, minus my lack of Spanish.  It was safe, clean, and you always find some fun surprises.

Hotel Bonaparte

Untitled

Big fort in the middle of the city where you can climb to the top.  I just wouldn't recommend it in heels.

Untitled

I'm sure Mat wrote my name somewhere, I just can't find it.

Untitled

Baskets with wheels are a bonus.  Especially, when you probably should have grabbed a cart, but thought you were just grabbing a few items.

Untitled

Fish market. Believe me when I say it smells like fish.

Untitled

Fortune Tellers.  I'm very happy they all decided to coordinate.

Untitled

Complatos are not for me, but I'm sure some picky kid will eat them.

Untitled

Jackpot on the motorcycles, take your pick!

Untitled

Earning a little extra cash cheerleading during stoplights.

Untitled

Lunch to go, or on wheels--these kabobs are probably pretty tasty I'm sure.

Untitled

Guitar maker shop.

Untitled

And yes, we now own our 6th string instrument and now a stool to sit on.  All lovely.

Untitled

We always meet new friends, meet the Gouldings.  They are from Hurricane and they speak English.

Untitled

We met up with Andrea's cousin Jorge.  He was kind enough to pick us up from our hotel and take us to a real Chilean restaurant.  I had the spicy beef and Mat had some Pork guts.

Untitled

We topped it off with some canned peaches in peach juice and barley.

Untitled

Oscar went with us to 4 different hospitals searching for the needs of the people throughout the week.  We are hopefully going to be able to help a couple of them.

Untitled

I am especially interested in the pediatric hospital.

Untitled

The city and the people were delightful!

Untitled


No comments: